Friday, April 1, 2011

April "Fools in Love"

Today is my Mother and Father-in-laws 29th Anniversary! They have come a long way in 29 years. Their love for each has other grown. Their respect for each other has grown, and more importantly their love for their Heavenly Father has grown.


(My Father-in-law said he would joke when they first got married that if it didn't work out, he would tell her April Fools!)


My Mother-in-law was 9 months pregnant with my Hubby, when they met at the court house during their lunch breaks to get married. (Jimmy was born just 6 days later!) They said their "I dos" went to a local Mexican restaurant then both headed back to work. Sadly, there are no pictures to document their quick nuptials. I was fortunate enough to eat at the Mexican place they ate at after their ceremony, when the Hubs and I took a trip out to visit his extended family in California after we got engaged. (they had the best taquitos!)


My Mother-in-law and her Best Friend Isabel (1982, California)



I am so thankful for both of them for being such positive role models to my Husband (and his brother) and staying faithful and strong in their marriage. They have gone through so much together, so many ugly things, but so many beautiful things. My Father-in-law got saved a few years after the Hubs was born and what a Godly role model he became after that! He has shown the Hubs what it's like to love, honor and respect your wife. I can't tell you enough how thankful I am for that kind of example! I hope that one day my son will show his wife how to love, honor and respect her, by example of his dad!


My Father-in-law and his 2 Harley's (his babies!)



HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I love you and I am so thankful that you are are my In-laws!


No comments:

Post a Comment