Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Style & Food


I am now in love with red lipstick. I'm not a very daring person when it comes to style or fashion, even though I would love to be. I just chicken out. But I bought some red lipstick and wore it at work the other day. I felt..feminine and got lots of compliments. I also decided to add some wave to my stick straight hair again, that turned out surprisingly well and got a few more compliments. I also enjoy being a redhead (although my hair is not that red in person).

I am still hunting and shopping for new pieces to add to my scant wardrobe. Let me know if you spot something cute and affordable!

I also have been thinking of going partial vegetarian. Crazy, right? I know. I do love me a good hamburger every now and then and grilled chicken, not to mention turkey bacon--or real bacon for that matter. But I also really enjoy vegetarian food. I like tofu, soy products, veggie burgers, and we eat black beans by the truckload. We also lack energy. The Hubs and I always seem to fall asleep on the couch before 10pm! We also complain about being tired and feeling sluggish. The Hubs (although thin) has high blood pressure and high cholesterol. It runs in his family, but he also eats horrible foods. I have decided to cook with less meat and eat more natural less processed foods. I have been trying this for awhile, but really need to make it a habit. I want our kids to grow up healthy and feel healthy.

I found a few recipes that I'd like to try this weekend or next week.

SLOPPY BLACK BEAN JOES

Find this recipe HERE.


MASHED CAULIFLOWER
(I love mashed potatoes and know how fattening they can be. I have always wanted to try this and this one looks heavenly!)

Find this recipe HERE.


BAKED SPRING ROLLS W/ ALMOND DIPPING SAUCE
(the Hubs loves Spring Rolls! Can't wait to try this healthier version!)

Find this recipe HERE.


BLACK BEAN BURGER WITH LIME-CILANTRO MAYO

Find this recipe HERE.
I found this recipe over at a blog I read ohdeardrea. We LOVE tacos at our house and her Vegan version looks amazing and so full of flavor. I'm seriously making this one soon!

Find this recipe HERE.

Don't this dishes look drool worthy? I can't wait to try them out. Submit your Vegan/Vegetarian recipes or let me know if you tried any of the ones I mentioned!
Happy shopping and eating!

1 comment: