Thursday, April 28, 2011

feeling....better.

Sometimes a good cry and venting, to the world and more importantly to God, my hubby and my Dad, can really make one feel better, at least for the moment. My feelings toward things haven't really changed, but just letting it all come out, does make me feel more at peace and calm. (yes I overreact!)

I wonder if God ever gets tired of hearing me bawl my eyes out and cry out to him? I can almost imagine him chuckling and hugging me saying, "Erica, just breathe, I've got it under control, you will be okay, be patient". (yes I imagine God chuckling--he does have a sense of humor!)

My dad is co-owner of a fitness center (yes I know I should join, it is free, but it is a bit of a drive) and he talked with the other co-owner about me trying to find a part time job. A woman at that fitness center just quit her part time job there and her other part time job at another facility (that the other co-owner owns...a lot of owning going on) . Unfortunately, the position at the fitness center has already been filled--which would have been ideal for me. Early hours, plus getting a chance to workout after work, bonus! However, he said he wanted to talk to me about the other facility (not a fitness center) and see if there was something available that I could do part time. Maybe? A light at the end of the tunnel? Perhaps. However, I'm a pessimist by nature and I'm not at all getting my hopes up (because doing that never ends well), but wouldn't that just be God? I mean, I cry, I whine, I vent and then God opens a door, basically saying--"I wish you'd just trust me Erica, see?" We'll see what develops. In the meantime, I'm still searching and waiting (patiently?) for a door to open for all of this to fall into place and for my joy to finally return.


...... in the meantime, these two definitely help keep that joy alive. They are such goobers.


No comments:

Post a Comment