Thursday, December 29, 2011

just like that it's over

Christmas has come and gone. It was gone in a blink of an eye. Here are just a few of the many, many pictures I took over the Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Christmas Eve we spent the morning at my parents with my Grandparents (the kids got new pj's, Molly was less than thrilled with it being red and not pink...that's why she is clearly fake crying!) Church in the evening, then to my in-laws for dinner and at Midnight presents. We got home around 3:30am. Woke up around 9:30, open stockings at our house, then headed to my parents. My in-laws also were there (like every year) and we opened gifts and had a big lunch (basically a Thanksgiving meal all over again). We played cards, watched movies,had a birthday cake for Jesus (and sang to him), talked and just enjoyed family time until late in the evening. It was a great Christmas and we were so very blessed with everything we got! The kids LOVED the chairs from Pottery Barn and squealed when they saw them. They never want to get out of them!

Today, today I took down most of my decorations. The Family tree and all the decorations except my Winter china and the main Christmas tree, which I plan to do this weekend. Normally, I don't take anything down till after New Years, but this year, I'm ready to take everything down. I'm tired, I'm cranky, I'm swollen. Next year, I may keep things up a little longer, the kids love the tree and all the decorations! Next year will be amazing, as we'll have our little guy here with us! 3 more months and we'll get to meet him! I have so much to do to get ready for him! I think I had everything put together and prepared by this time w/ the other two! We still have to get Molly a big girl bed! However, we are prepared as far as the name goes.

That was a great Christmas present. Jimmy announced at his parents house on Christmas Eve that the baby will be named Henry! So there it is. Henry Dennis. Sure it's not the most flowy name, but my Dad is pretty darn happy we're using his name for the middle name! I'm in love with it! I started to like the name Henry after a blog I read when I pregnant with Molly...and it just stuck and I couldn't find anything I liked more. Sometimes we call him Baby Hank, but we'll mostly just call him Henry.

I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas! We sure did!





















No comments:

Post a Comment