Friday, February 17, 2012

The Birth Center

It's no joke about pregnancy brain. I believe it's a real condition. I forgot my camera for our Pain Management class that took place on Monday. It was super informative and really amazing to learn what our bodies can handle. So I took these photos from the Birth Center's facebook page. Most of the pictures are in the building stage, but it will still give you a good idea of what things will look like. Obviously things are different looking now, as there are actual decorations and furniture, it's such a warm and homey place. I just love it!
Entrance below:

Outside of house, still during the construction stage:



The tub, in the room I have chosen (notice there are pictures of the cross on the wall? Partly why I chose the room, another reason it feels like the biggest room):





The Circle Green room as they call it, the room I have chosen (the bed is now actually on the floor instead of raised, which I actually love, I always hated literally jumping down from the hospital bed):



The 2nd bedroom: I actually loved this one initally, but compared to the other one, it felt a little cramped--and since I'm gonna have a lot of people in and out, I wanted a larger room:




The 3rd bedroom: This reminds me of you Katie Yonke!!! It's a beautiful room, but the bed was raised pretty high and I'm short and I didn't want to jump down, rolling out of bed sounded so much better :)




The Kitchen: (minus appliances) It has a dishwasher, toaster oven, electric skillet, bread maker, full sized fridge, you can make anything there! The fridge is stocked w/ water and soda and the pantry is stocked w/ snacks (although they tell you to bring your own too):





The Living Room: Obviously it now has furniture in it, a flat screen tv, warm lighting, it's a great sized room, it's off of the kitchen:





So there is pretty much where I will be giving birth. No pictures of the HUGE bathrooms sadly, or the massive laundry room and closets that store children's toys and books and pillows and blankets!




Auburn Birthing Center's Facebook page




Also, check out this video that the labor & delivery photographer did at the Birth Center. It will give you an idea more of what the center looks like and what kind of pictures that will be taken for me!




here is a link to my photographer's website, she has more birth photos too:




So there you have it, a little sneak peek of where I will be giving birth. It's all surreal still, as I've never had a non-hospital birth, but I'm very excited about it!

6 more weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Love it all! I'm sure it's beautiful and cozy. It does seem strange though not being in a hospital and all. I hope you like the experience. :)

    ReplyDelete