Friday, August 13, 2010

I passed...God is good...fun weekend!

I PASSED MY FINAL TEST FOR MY REAL ESTATE CLASS!!!! yes I'm excited. VERY excited. I've taken this dang class before and it was hard then and it was still hard this time, 2 years later. I studied like crazy yesterday and was still feeling unsure about my knowledge going in to the test. It was hard. Harder than the first 2 tests, way harder. I was reading questions that I had no clue what the words meant in them. A time-sharing clause? A WHAT?! I know that some things in the test we NEVER discussed and it was not in my notes. I probably stopped 2 or 3 times during the course of taking the test to just breathe and pray..that's all I could do...pray. For God's peace, guidance and for him to take the test for me...ya know, move my pencil magically over the correct letter and circle it for me! No, he didn't do that, but I think he helped me make the best decision. It was close, but I did it. I came out ahead and I passed. God is so good..because with out God, I don't know if I would have made it through this course. I had about 2 anxiety attacks yesterday...did I mention I'm NOT a good test taker? I can know the information in and out, but you sit me down to get tested over it and I panic. I was shaking violently, breaking out all over my face, sweating, my heart was skipping beats and beating out of my chest and I cried multiple times during work and on the way to take the test....I'm sure that was an anxiety attack.
Yes I cried...why? Because after having 2 kids your hormones get out of whack and you cry at everything when you were once NOT a cryer. The teacher grades the test right after you take it and has the certificates filled out for you ahead of time. If you don't pass, well you don't get your certificate. We do this in another room. I cried in front of him. He, of course, was happy for me and hugged me and said keep in touch and that he was proud. (He was my teacher the last time I took it too). I cried again leaving that building the last night of class...only this time, those tears were tears of joy.

next step? Study my butt off for the State Exam! I pass this then I am a licenced Real Estate agent! I'm not as stressed out by this. I have heard it's easier by friends and even my teacher says it is easier...and cheaper and if you fail a section you only have to take that section over. I don't plan on failing, I plan on it passing. I'm going to take this as soon as possible while I have all the information fresh in my head...that and I want to move on with my life and do what I love!
We're heading out to Columbus this weekend to see my amazing cousin Bethany and her husband Michael. We're going to do some fun activities with the kids and hang out and just have fun and eat good food...because Bethany is a good cook and whatever she makes is good :) I can't wait to see her and have a relaxing, fun and stress free weekend!
I love her!

3 comments:

  1. Really Erica!?! Really? That's the best picture you could pick of me?! :p ha ha! Oh well... I guess that's me. Crazy! Can't wait to see you. We're going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY! I knew you could do it! Enjoy your wonderful weekend. :)

    Love ya,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete