Sunday, December 16, 2012

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

I shouldn't be dreaming of a white Christmas living in the Midwest, but the last few years it's been way too warm (40s and 50s) and no snow! Talk about depressing! Want to know what's NOT depressing? Jimmy comes home in 4 days!!! 4 days! He'll be home for almost 2 weeks then heads back to finish his Basic Training, then goes straight to AIT in GA...till...JULY. I know that these 2 weeks will go by in a blink. I plan to soak up every second of it! He'll fly in early on Thursday and then we plan to surprise Ryan at his school class Christmas party. His teacher is excited and said she's going to have her camera ready and I hope to record his reaction on my phone!

Things have been busy at home. I've been doing lots of homemade projects for Christmas. I wanted to redecorate my home and change my style, but don't have the budget to buy all new things, so I made most of them! I've never been much of a DIY'er but I really enjoyed all my projects! Something I think I will continue to do for every season and maybe even for the home in general. Changing your style from 10 years ago is not easy...or cheap!

I've joined the 21st century and got a smartphone. Nope, not cool enough for an iPhone, but still able to get on instagram. So here are just a few instagram pics from the last few weeks.
Can you believe my baby is pulling himself up and scaling furniture? It is quite bittersweet. My baby is growing too fast. ((And YES, he is my LAST. No more babies for us!))

"For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 9:6
 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment